Sunday 5 June 2011

Flower design for inspiration contest

Hi everyone, lately I've been busy, busy, busy... 'Cause the franken contest at More Nail Polish isn't the only contest I've entered, Swaafie also hosted one for which you had to let your design be inspired by something.
So this is my entry. I was inspired by a little tin can with flowers I have. The can is empty but I just had to buy it because it was so cute and I loved the colors so much. It looks very cheerful and summery so it was a suiting inspiration for this time of the year. The colors and the flower pattern are what makes the can so nice to look at, so I wanted to capture that on my nails but without being too literal. Later I added purple rhinestones, I think they compliment the design and are just within the limits of cute instead of tacky, haha. What do you think?
About the contest: only a few entries will be presented to the judges who will pick the winner. But before that can happen everyone can vote who should be part of those few. So check out all the entries and vote for your favorite three designs. You don't have to be a GFC follower in order to vote. Thanks for reading!


EDIT: I'm proud to let you know my entry won first prize in the contest! Thanks so much if you voted for it, it wouldn't have won without you! The prize is awesome and of course I'll share the pretties here with you all :)





Before the rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment