Thursday 28 July 2011

Flame job

Hi everyone, I have a very exciting post for you today! I did this flame design a little while back, I already had the idea for some time but didn't know how to execute it yet. Then I saw Rebecca's gradient tutorial. Rebecca's famous for her awesome gradient animal print manis, she uses the sponging technique to create the gradient and then makes an animal print using stamping plates. Her sponging technique was perfect for my flame design so I bought a few make-up sponges and followed her tutorial. Unlike Rebecca, I only used two colors to create the gradient, but it worked :) First I applied a yellow base color, Color Club Almost Famous, then to make the transition to the red I actually used a pink neon (Color Club Warhol). Warhol was perfect for the job, because it's sheer but not too sheer, had a great, smooth formula and the neon brightness made the flames look even hotter. After I was done with the gradient, I freehanded the flames and filled in the background with black. Flame on!


2 comments:

  1. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the last part I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck. Flame Decals for Cars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Здравствуйте! Восхитительная информация. Благодарю за то, что поделились. Самые последние новости об окнах со стеклопакетами на той странице. Также можешь посмотреть тут: технические анонсы., деревянные евроокна купить, наличники из дерева, калькулятор цены дерево-алюминиевых окон останкино, окна rehau geneo заказать вднх

    ReplyDelete